Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Dragonfly Domus - Drawing

Elgin, IL
///Spring 2013

























Dragonfly Domus
Pen/ink/colored pencil on watercolor paper
(*click on the image to view in full)

This past semester I had taken a drawing class, this is one of my drawing submissions for the semester. I have been exploring the idea of deconstructing elements of nature (a dragonfly in the case) and setting them within a context such as a site plan. The idea behind off of this is that of an HDR (high dynamic range) photo. We use HDR photos to see what we can't see our our cameras cannot pick up. Same goes with drawing, by deconstructing nature, we can breakdown what is there and in turn transform these elements into something that might have similar attributes to built architecture. I will post later my last drawing for the spring class, that gives a better understanding of this concept I was running with. 



No comments: